Application deadline: May 25, 2018
The National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center seeks a Data Scientist to join the cyberinfrastructure (CI) team in supporting collaborative, computational, and data-driven socio-environmental research. Our supported science teams and postdoctoral fellows come from many different disciplines and synthesize diverse models and data sets to answer large-scale questions at the intersection of humans and the environment. The Data Scientist will work closely with the CI team to assist scientists in performing data and model syntheses.
The Data Scientist’s typical activities include:
- Advise on statistical approaches, design workflows, and prototype/optimize code;
- Help researchers develop and use custom tools;
- Assess and document project needs;
- Teach in hands-on CI education workshops for students and researchers; and,
- Assist researchers in making their data, code, analyses, and applications open, reproducible, and discoverable.
Candidates with experience in machine learning techniques, code optimization, and/or qualitative data analysis will be given priority consideration.
Learn more and apply here.