The National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center (SESYNC)
1 Park Place, Suite 300
Annapolis, MD 21401
Linking Local Consumption to Global Environmental Impacts
This is a closed meeting for a funded synthesis group of visiting scholars.
The goals of this workshop are to further refine and focus research and engagement strategies to:
- create a collaborative network, involving researchers and NGOs, for developing a common framework addressing global trends in consumption and production, and how consumption and production impact the environment and society;
- calculate the main environmental indicators (ecological, carbon and water footprints) for various scenarios;
- synthesize local to global datasets and perform analyses on trade-offs and win-win strategies towards a low carbon future;
- provide knowledge brokerage through providing research-based evidence to different stakeholders;
- to determine the most appropriate topic and subset of participants from the overall pool for each workshop; and
- identify target audiences and how best to present outcomes from the proposed project.
To learn more about this project, click here.