The National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center (www.SESYNC.org) located in Annapolis, Maryland is a think-tank type research center funded by the National Science Foundation through the University of Maryland. SESYNC is devoted to promoting interdisciplinary synthesis research on the sustainability of coupled human-natural systems, and is seeking a candidate to provide support for education and research programs.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of activities, including:
- Work with program leadership to research and communicate opportunities to science networks and recruit participants for programs offered at SESYNC
- Assist SESYNC leadership by researching, preparing written materials and presentations
- Help with administrative aspects of research programs and work closely with SESYNC’s Business Office to help coordinate and support workshop participants’ needs
- Contribute to the mission of SESYNC by leveraging relevant past experience
- Additional duties as assigned
- B.A. or B.S. in a field relevant to the environment
- One-two years’ experience with event planning or program coordination
- Professional demeanor, with ability to communicate with a variety of individuals from diverse disciplines and backgrounds
- Detail oriented with excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite to generate memos, spreadsheets, presentation content, and templates
- Familiarity with video conferencing software
- Knowledge of socio-environmental issues and an interest in the theories, technologies, and trends in environmental science
- Experience generating visually pleasing content, including newsletters and advertisements
Please prepare the following as a single pdf: A 1-2 page cover letter describing your interest in the position and a summary of relevant experience; resume; undergraduate transcript (unofficial is fine); and the names and e-mail addresses of three references. Salary based on experience. To apply: https://apply.sesync.org/proposal/welcome/2019-JOB-03
Preference will be given to applications received by September 18, 2019.
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.